Aging can be a daunting task. As we get older, parts of our body that we didn’t know could hurt, begin to hurt. We grow hair in places we didn’t know that we could grow hair and for the few of us that aren’t so lucky, we find we need to be taken care of more often than not.
Luckily for us, in this day and age there are numerous technologies and advances in health care that have given us numerous opportunities to be treated more effectively than we could five, ten, and even twenty years ago. For those of us that have chronic pain, are coming out of hospital or muscle weakness, a great rehabilitation option is in- home health care. I have narrowed down the top five reasons that we should we using home health care in today’s day and age:
1) Convenience: This is probably the most obvious reason to be using home health care. First and foremost, you don’t have to go anywhere. A highly trained nurse or therapist will come to you with all of the tools necessary to make you feel better. Furthermore, if you can’t drive, have trouble getting around or don’t want to leave your house in the middle of Michigan in December, than this is a great option for you.
2) Cost: The cost of having an in home therapist or nurse is covered completely by Medicare and mostly covered by other insurances as well. There is no out- of- pocket cost.
3) Personalized Care: By having someone come into your home, there are no other outside stressors to get in the way. You don’t have to worry about going into a therapy office that noisy and overcrowded. By having one-on-one time with the therapist, you can be assured that your plan of action will be tailored to fit your specific needs.
4) Faster Progress: There have been numerous studies that show that in home care actually boosts the healing process. According to Guidedoc.com, this is because “patients are able to perform exercises in a stress- free environment with one-on-one attention from a licensed professional, physical therapy sessions can be more focused and intensive. By limiting distractions, you can concentrate more of your time on learning the techniques that you will need to perform each day to see progress and healing.”
5) Time: Most importantly, your time won’t be wasted. By doing therapy in the home, your time is your time. You won’t have your therapist distracted by other patients, you won’t have to wait your turn, and you won’t have to compete for use of the machines.
If you are interested in learning more about physical therapy and how it can benefit you, please contact Assured Care at 248-262-2200.