Screen Your Home Care Company
Home care is great for elderly patients who need the help, but struggle to leave their homes. However, inviting a stranger into your home can be daunting. Not to mention, there are hundreds of thousands of home care companies, so how do you separate the reputable, compassionate companies from the companies that are just in it to make a buck? Here are a few questions you should make sure to find out before you let any new company into your home:
- How much experience do you have/ how long has your company been in business? While not all new companies are necessarily bad, but they are something to be weary of. Do they have a strong reputation or did they seem to pop out of nowhere?
- How much do your services cost? Home care is covered 100% by insurance. If your home care company is asking for any type of monetary compensation, then this is a scam. No money should be exchanged out-of-pocket.
- Is your company licensed, insured and bonded? Don’t just take their word for it, ask for proof.
- What is your plan of care? Any reputable company will come up with a personalized plan of care under the direction of your doctor. No two patients are alike and no two plans of care should be alike. They should be tailored to you as an individual.
- Do you have any references? Whether it is references on the company or the individual itself, any reputable company should be able to provides dozens upon dozens of these.
Home care is a beneficial program that has helped millions of people all over the world. However, not every company is a good one. Make sure that before you let anyone into your home, you do your homework!
Assured Care Home Health Care has been in business for over 20 years. We personalize each patients home care plan under the direction of their physician. Because we value our special relationships with physicians, hospitals, discharge planners, and social workers, people can be assured to receive the professional services needed to make a complete, speedy and comfortable recovery. For more information contact us at 248-262-2200.